The Blacks In Nonprofits Conference is owned and produced by the Blacks and Nonprofits Marketing LLC.
BIN respect our attendees and visitors to our website and understand that you are concerned about privacy. The purpose of this privacy notice is to let you know what kind of information we collect, how we use it, with whom it may be shared, what choices you have regarding our use of your information, and how you may review and change some of the data you provide to us. For your benefit, we’ve provided an Overview of our privacy practices and the Full Privacy Notice below.
Our practices comply with applicable U.S. laws and requirements. We are located in the United States and this is an U.S.-based website. By using this site, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to or within the United States.
As we continue to develop our website and take advantage of technologies to improve the services we offer, this policy likely will change. When we change it, we will post the change(s) on our website. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate online notice to you. You can determine when this version of the privacy notice was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” below. If you have questions about our privacy notice, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
This is a summary of how we may collect, use and transmit information about you. It is a general overview only and must be read in conjunction with Full Privacy Notice below.
How we collect information and what information we collect?
• When you provide it to us: we collect personally identifiable information, including name, title, company, address, email address, phone numbers, etc. when you voluntarily provide it to us.
• When you use the website or make a purchase with us, we may collect additional contact and payment information, profile and preference information that you provide.
• We may also collect information including, but not limited to: browser type, pages visited, device type, and time and date of visit.
How we may use your information
• To facilitate customer service or to enable us to contact you if you request information.
• Contacting those who visit our websites about products and services or upcoming events;
• Responding to requests for products, services, and/or information;
• Contacting visitors for marketing purposes, including sending offers on behalf of third parties;
• For our research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes; and
• Complying with the law.
Who collects your information?
When visiting this site and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with the owners of the BIN Conference.
Do we share information?
We may share the information you provide with our sponsors and other attendees. In addition, we may share your information with third parties as set forth in the Full Privacy Notice.
Third Party websites
Our website may contain various links to third-party websites. These third-party sites may provide additional information, goods, services and/or promotions.
Please review the Full Privacy Notice below. If you have questions about our policy, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following provision applies if the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to the particular transaction and if you are a data subject, as defined by the GDPR, within the European Economic Area. We are based in the United States and any personal data collected from this website will be transferred and processed within the U.S. If you do not agree to this, do not provide us with personal data.
• Data Controller: The BIN owners of The BIN Conference
• Data Subject Rights to Personal Information
• to access your information and to receive information about its use
• to have your information corrected and/or completed
• to restrict the use of your information
• to receive your information in a portable format
• to object to the use of your information
• to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
• to complain to a supervisory authority
Your rights as a data subject may be subject to certain limitations and restrictions. You may exercise your rights as a data subject by contacting us in writing at email@example.com. When you make a request, we may require certain documentation in order to be able to verify your identity before we are able process your request. Your cooperation is necessary to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
Sensitive personal information: we do not knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive personal information’, as defined by the GDPR. Please do not submit sensitive personal information about you to us.
Full Privacy Notice
When do we collect information?
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us. In addition, we might receive personal data and other online and offline information from our business partners who share it with us. We will use such information in accordance with applicable laws and this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your name, title, company, address, email address, phone numbers, etc. If you make a purchase on our site, your credit card number and related information will be collected. We may combine the information we collect from you with information we receive from you offline. We may also receive information about you from other sources, including, for example, address update services. Finally, we also collect information using cookies and web beacons to collect information such as your IP address, browser type, the time and length of your visit, the pages of the site you visit and other clickstream data. Additional information about cookies is located below.
How we may use your information
• We also use the information we collect to help target valuable marketing and advertising offers. This kind of advertising may be done with banner ads as well as promotional emails and offers may be provided by the BIN Conference as well as from our marketing partners, advertisers and other third parties.
• We may perform research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us when making a purchase or during a promotion from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis to prevent identification of personal information relating to any one individual. • We use information provided by and/or collected from your use of the website to review site usage and operations, to address problems with the site, our business or our products and services, and to protect the security or integrity of the site and our business.
Reasons we share information
We may transfer or otherwise disclose information collected from and about you for the following purposes:
To our service providers, suppliers and business associates, if the disclosure will enable them to fulfill your request for products or services from us or another vendor on our site;
• To our service providers and business associates, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us;
• To third parties so that they may contact you with marketing offers of their own;
• To other companies, credit bureaus or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection;
• To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
• If the BIN Conference or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Who has access to your information?
When you are on our website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with the BIN Conference owners, related companies, and our service providers. We share your information as described in “Reasons we share information”, above.
We will retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will also keep your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
This information may be used in order to: recognize you when you return to the site;
• improve and personalize your experience on our site;
• provide you with customized advertising; and
• monitor site usage and analyze the behavior of site visitors.
Your Rights; Contact Us
You can request to access, update, correct, and delete your information you provided to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences. When you make a request, we may require certain documentation in order to be able to verify your identity before we are able process your request. Your cooperation is necessary to exercise your rights under this Privacy Notice.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data. While we use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data submitted through our websites.
Additional Privacy Information
• Transfer of Data
We are based in the United States and any personal data collected from this website may be transferred to and processed within the U.S. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in the U.S. may not be equivalent to those in your home country. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing and/or processing of data.
• Children’s Privacy
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998 (COPPA). We do not direct the site to, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children. This website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from persons under the age of 18.
EFFECTIVE DATE March 12, 2021